Friday, December 10, 2004
The New and Improved Alphabet
While making dinner this afternoon, I tried to find 'busy' work for P so she won't be tempted to assist in the cooking of the grubbage.
I asked her to write the alphabet for me, since she's an old pro at it (I thought).
Basically, this is what she wrote:
A B C D E F G H I K K p Q R S T U V W X Y Z
I know I should have corrected her, but she sang it with SUCH confidence!! Plus, she crawled, walked, started talking and was potty trained early (whole 'nother post!!).
- Me: Why are there 2 Ks?
- P: That's what the song says.
- Me: Where are the J, L, M, N, and O?
- P: They are not in the song anymore.
- Me: Where did they go? You write them in some words, they HAVE to be in the song.
- P: Not any more!
- Me: Why is the P little (because she basically writes in capital letters)?
- P: Because he's a baby.
- Me: Who said he's a baby?
- P: The song said so!
- Me: Can you sing the song for me?
- P: (to the melody of the song) A B C D E F G H I K K and a little p Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- Me: Ok (what was I supposed to say??)